- The Communiversity is a unique social and educational enterprise—a kind of “university on wheels”—that offers its programs directly within a community willing to provide a suitable facility for classes, thereby eliminating building, housing and transport costs. By working with community leaders, the Communiversity identifies those deserving young people who can most benefit from its courses.
- Before one becomes a professional in any field, one must know what it means to be a professional and to feel and behave like one. This is the underlying goal of the Communiversity.
- The Communiversity serves as a pre-professional training program—an access bridge—to prepare students for employment, career training programs or further education leading to entry into a profession.
- The Communiversity thus also serves as a recruiting source, providing employers with excellent candidates ready to be trained for a profession.
- Employers, job training directors and education officers benefit from the 5-month-long evaluation of Communiversity students to enable the appropriate selection of responsible and dedicated young people
The Communiversity program is presented in three phases:
Phase One: The Pre-Professional Program offers qualified high school leavers and matriculants a 5-month long, 12-course program to introduce them to relevant career fields and further English and Maths instruction. It honors and supports self-worth and self-sufficiency while giving each student real freedom of choice for all possibilities in life.
Phase Two: Each Communiversity Phase One graduate is entitled to a seven month in-depth individualized and group mentoring experience to foster the best placement possible into further education or employment.
Phase Three: Supporting and tracking the success of our family of graduates is an important feature of the Communiversity commitment. Each Communiversity graduate is welcomed to enjoy a continuous connection to the Communiversity. This ensures that all graduates receive real support and encouragement to continue on the path to fulfill their career and other personal lifetime goals despite hardships.